Special Note and Invite:
Team Lizzie Bell has been in the Tucson community for 20 years!
One part of our dedicated work has been in ensuring toys are in pediatric hospital/clinic spaces and places where professional staff can assist a young person at a moment's notice w/ h-o-p-ein a way a young person can understand most.
- Our blood drives that highlight the "7 Pediatric Populations constantly needing blood and blood products" continue to be our OTHER priority;
- August 31, 2023 ~ stay tuned for MORE information ~ Marana Chamber of Commerce w/ Matthew and Leah Crandell of Desert Sunset Realty chairing this community-wide blood drive EVENT!
While we will not change the medical journey, what we can do is provide those items that matter MOST to these kiddos and their caregivers who are holding them through it all.
Having said that ~
we do not get INFANT items donated ~
we typically NEVER get infant items.
Furthermore, when a family is embracing one of the most difficult transitions of infant hospitalization - to - hospice our role, as Team Lizzie Bell, has been to provide items at a moments notice - whatever the staff is requesting - we jump into action and move mountains to ready the professional staff to serve the family - including siblings - with what is needed to embrace this most difficult situation.
Our Team Lizzie Bell 'Baby Showers' are part of the h-o-p-e, we started hosting baby showers before COVID ~ Thank you Gayle Petrillo ~ This is our launch to re-establish this endeavor quarterly to raise awareness and secure VOLUMES of infant items needed for the hospital staff working w/ fragile infant - toddlers.
We do not charge anyone to attend the Baby Shower. This year, board member Brenda Scordato, of TMC Hospice, Peppi's House has assisted us w/ a re-launch party we MUST embrace:
- Whatever can be donated to cover this cost is appreciated.
- Anything over this $3500 will be used as you designate (more toys or blood donation events .... OR... keep reading)
Over the 20 years we at Team Lizzie Bell know what it is like to be woken up to an urgent phone call requesting items needed at a moment's notice - a few stories you will hear at this Baby Shower.
We must engage the public and embrace others to help us help others.
Funds to be raised:
- $3500 for this baby shower, FREE to all attendees, Guisseppi's Italiano is giving us the menu at their costs, 60+ people.
- Again, this is the re-launch. Your sponsorship would be appreciated. At this Baby Shower we will also feature:
- Lizzie's book: "Pokes, Pinches and Loose Wires" will be translated into Spanish; we've completed this type of project and know our costs will be roughly $10K through printing. This book is also gifted to children via pediatric professional staff and others. The first book we (TLB) took through English and Spanish was Gayle Petrillo's book: The Accident. It was completely supported by donors and is typically gifted to schools via the help of donations. Her book educates children about burn injury, Team Lizzie Bell embraced this project because 'burn' children need plasma and platelets. Burn injured children are one of the 7 Pediatric populations cited above.
- NEW! Team Lizzie Bell, with the help of board member, Jeff Heath, has created the "94 and MORE!" Campaign to assist with the emergency funds required to absorb the costs when pediatric staff contacts us w/ urgent requests. 94 was the year Lizzie was born, 1994 ~ when our lives were woken up to the URGENT and IMMEDIATE needs of families moving into Pediatric Hospitals ~ forever. We would like 100+ donors to quarterly give $250 to maintain a budget of $100,000 annually.
- To re-invent ourselves into "94 and MORE!" we've enlisted the website assistance of AMPED Marketing Agency, you will see a new website soon!
- We've engaged the assistance of a marketing internship student, Madison Sniezek! She has been an amazing asset to our teams, her creative insights are a breathe of fresh air!
- We've put together committees to assist us w/ the creative development of each new project ~ you are welcome to offer your time and talent and treasure to these endeavors!
Thank you for your time, looking forward to your questions, concerns, comments!
PS: Lizzie will be 29 soon! She is a Senior at UA, College of Fine Arts!